Romans 16:19

"I want you to be wise about what is good and innocent about what is evil" Romans 16:19

Monday, July 30, 2012

Is It So Simple?

God has taken me down a road, a process shall we say of simplifying.  This has been going on for about five years now.

I will say it is not so simple to simplify ones life, ones schedule, ones material items, ones diet.... It is a process indeed.

Just as knitting is a process, it may become simple to the knitter but it takes time, it is a process that can not be rushed.

As I have started to make a priority list I realize that under the "time for myself" catagory knitting has an important place.  I really should say fiber art, as I enjoy crochet and love to spin that fiber into yarn.

 I hope to simplify my time enough to be able to add weaving into my fiber art love but.....is that simplifying? I don't know but it sounds fun and the thought is that as other things get weeded out there will be more time in my life for .....

God, which in reality I see God as being in every part of my life but desire to spend more "meditative" or silent time reading, hearing and praying.

My family, I love home schooling our boys, keeping our home and making healthy natural meals for us, and of course going on dates with my husband.

Healthy habits,  I think my yoga practice as well as knitting would fit into this catagory as they bring me physical strength and relaxation.

But is it so simple? I'm finding it is not but I also find that when I do indeed spend that time with God all else falls into place that day, it just might not look how I thought it would.

At the end of knitting a project it does not always look exactly how I thought it would look either but I always like it and am always glad I took the time to knit each and every stich.

Simplifying may not be simple but I venture to say I am glad I am fumbling through the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment