Romans 16:19

"I want you to be wise about what is good and innocent about what is evil" Romans 16:19

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

SPOTLIGHT

I have been working on simplifying my life for several years now.  Moving to Singapore has really helped in that endeavor in that we know just what it takes to live without a lot of excess. 

Part of simplifying for me is finishing current projects that may be "in hibernation" before I start new projects.  You know, that lonely sock that needs its match or that sweater that is half done.

When we first moved to Singapore a friend of mine told me about  Spotlight, an Australian based store that sells all kinds of things including...... yarn.  I tend to be really picky about my yarn, if I am going to spend a lot of time making something I want to have a quality product at the end.  I really stay away from synthetic fibers making it difficult sometimes to find yarn that will be suitable for my projects.

About a year ago I decided that I wanted to make an African Flower lap blanket.  This project gave me an excuse to make my way to Spotlight and see if they have any yarn worth crocheting.  Much to my delight they did, in fact, I bought all the yarn I needed for my project.
With Spotlight being an Australian based store, they carry a wide selection of Australian wool.  This brand, Panda, is made for Spotlight and is machine washable 100% new wool. 
You gotta like that and to top it off it was about $4.80 SGD per skein, cheaper than what it would be in the U.S. 

I came home with my big bag of wool and had my pattern in hand ready to crochet.  As I started I questioned if my color selection was right, should I have gone with a white for the back ground and not the gray, how about green or black?  I don't know if you do that, spend time in the store, carefully picking out colors to get home and question yourself but it happens to me frequently.

As a result of questioning my color selection I put the project into hibernation but now if I want to make something new and exciting I must finish a hibernating project so.... I will continue to crochet this lap blanket trusting that the end result will be beautiful and knowing that no matter how it looks, it will be warm and washable.

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors .. I think it will look really good when it's finished! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tara, as I am getting more done, I am liking it. I am determined to finish this :)

      Delete